Wednesday, July 27, 2011

July 27, 2011 Letter and Photos






Hey everyone!!! 2 weeks in the mtc here in Peru and it is going great. If I look at my Spanish day by day I get really discouraged but it seems like everyday I catch myself talking in Spanish without even knowing or even thinking in Spanish. Today we went to the temple and wow it is such a difference from last time. I totally almost understood everything- not individual words but I got the gist of everything and it was great. I love you all so much. Tamra, I wish I could send Cade a personal letter but I can't get American stamps here so I'm really confined to just email for 1 more month till I'm in the field. Gosh I'm excited for that haha. So I want everyone to go watch The Best 2 Years. We started watching that today cuz we had permission till someone else told us we couldn't but in the first when they are all waking up- that is no joke. That noise in the morning is the worst part of the day. You feel like literally smashing your alarm clock just like in the movie. So Saturday we went out legit proselytizing, wow what an experience. I am so excited for the real mission, it will be the best thing in the world. I understood very little Spanish they were saying because they talk so fast but I can testify that the Church is true and I'm OK. Peru is so poverty stricken it's horrible. They are in cement buildings, no windows, dirt floors. I feel so bad for them and so blessed for my job and my house and everything that I have. With one of my paychecks at home I could literally buy a house here, it's crazy. The food seems to taste more and more better to me every day because I'm so hungry by the time meals come haha. But they are good meals I guess, same rice and meat every day haha. It's all good though. My hair is growing back slowly but surly. I miss it, I look like a goof but it's all good :) I got no one to impress in the MTC. Every day gets better and better, I can't wait to be like the missionaries leaving in a week and know so much Spanish. I'm very excited. Well everyone, enjoy America and be grateful for your trashy cars there cuz I won't be driving for 2 years sounds like. Be grateful for windows and heat and carpet. Be grateful for roads not covered in trash and 3 legged dogs. Be grateful for when you look out to the sidewalk from the bus you don't see a naked man sitting there. Funny story about that but I don't have much time haha. I love you all so much!!!!!!!!!! Love Elder Profaizer... hopefully in the field we have more then 30 minutess to email cuz this really stinks. Love u all!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment