Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Eternal Perspective

July 28 was a very important day for our family. I am including this on Matthew's blog because he has many wonderful memories and love for Grandpa Hendricks. Grandpa passed away from this life and moved to his new mission on July 28. A couple of weeks before Matthew left on his mission, he went with Dad and I to spend the night with Grandpa. I hope this can be a very special memory for him. There is something about the still of the night that allows the veil to be very thin and the spirit to be felt more intensely. I hope Matthew felt this. Grandpa was a great man and he loved all his children and grandchildren fiercely. When he died, Jenifer was able to make contact with the Peru MTC. The President called Matthew in his office and told him the news. He was allowed to make e-mail contact with us and these are his thoughts and feelings. I did so appreciate the strength that it gave me as I prepared my talk for Dad's funeral.

Hey guys
How are u doing? The President let me get on my email for a little bit to write you all about Grandpa. Don't reply to this email he let me get on my gmail cuz my ldsmail account is messed up right now so please reply to my ldsmail so I can write u back on my p-day.
So yesterday President called me in and my stomach dropped, I was thinkin district leader or something it didnt even cross my mind that this was the news. He told me what happened and gave me the option to write but I said no. I decided in the night I don't need to write for me but I need to write for you guys. I'm doing fine, yesterday was pretty hard but I got 3 of my closest guys here to give me a blessing last night and now I feel good as new, ready to start the day but I have a few things to say to all of you.
First off I love you all so much and I know that this is hard for you all especially mom, you are stronger then you think. Remember that song I showed you about when I pass on let it be a happy time. should be more of a celebration then a sad thing. Grandpa Hendricks is going to heaven, without a doubt in my mind we will all see him again and when we see him he will look good as new in a great spirt countenance. He will not be in his broken down fallen apart fragile spirt body when u see him. This is a glorious gospel and I know that we will see him again.
When the President told me it didn't really hit me till a few miniuts later. I was really sad all day and had to go to my room and think and be alone couple times then it dawned on me the positve aspect to this whole thing. No more suffering no more sadness. He is being a missionary up in heaven and converting and doing much more good up there then he was up there. Just look at it like he is going on a mission and he is leaving his family to go do some good up there. It's like me when I left, I'm just going to convert people so they can be with there familys forever he is doing the same thing.
Well I don't know if you guys will read this for a few days but I hope u do. If one of you read this soon please tell mom so she can. I think it might help her. I love u all so much and mine and my districts prayers are with you. I love you
Love Elder Profaizer

1 comment: