Thursday, July 14, 2011

July 14, 2011 Letter from Peru

Hello everyone in the northern hemisphere. This place is incredible!!!!! Let me just tell you a little about my day yesterday. We all woke up at 4:30 to be at the travel office at 5:00 am then we went to the SLC airport to catch our 830 flight to Atlanta, Georgia. We had a 3 hr layover and I was able to call mom and dad. It was so great to hear their voices and talk to them about my experiences. We were scheduled to fly out at 5:30 so everyone boarded the plane and the air conditioning went out so we were all sitting on the airplane at the Atlanta airport for 2 hrs till we finally took off at 7:30. Then from there it was a 6 and a half hr flight to Peru. On the way there there was a lady that sat there and talked to me about the church for at least 2 hrs. She was asking so many questions and to my surprise I was able to answer them. The Spirit was with me so much. I explained to her the first vision and told her about el plan de salvacion (the plan of savlation) it was so awesome and I just felt like if this is how a mission will feel like I would never complain a day in my life cuz it was the greatest feeling. So we arrive at the Lima, Peru airport at about 1:30 or so and by the time we went though immigration and customs it was 2:45. Going though all that was easy though, they didn't even check our bags it was awesome its like they knew we weren't going to cause any problems. So we get out in the big area where we get picked up and there is a 5´ nothing Peruvian jumping up and down with a sign CCM which is the MTC in Spanish pretty much. We all got on a huge bus and started our journey to the CCM... one word for all of you GHETTO this town in soooo ghetto. Bars everywhere and spray paint and wow haha well I fell asleep on the bus and we got there at 3:15 about and as I was grabbing my bags a huge guy comes up behind me and picks me up........ and I hear in a gentle voice "hey elder." Right then I knew who it was. Elder Andrew Adams my roommate at snow. It was such a good sight to see him, I was so happy haha. Well by the time we got to sleep it was 4:00 and we were all up right at 6:30 this morning. Yuck we went and got breakfast and registered. Then the worst part of my day........ they sent everyone upstairs and shaved our heads. I guess a few weeks ago they had a lice scare so they shave all of our heads to like 1/4 inch hair. Its nice but I look funny haha. So it is winter here and the Latinos are all in scarfs and stuff and we are chilling in out short sleeves haha I love it. The humidity doesn't bug me to much. But it is a constant mist of water floating in the air. Its perfect weather out here. I have a feeling I'm going to love it here. the CCM is so beautiful with pretty plants and nice people. My companion is totally Spanish and I have no idea what's being said haha. We spent the whole morning him trying to explain to me where the iron was. This will be interesting for sure... in other words I'm screwed haha. Oh well I guess I can do it:) oh a quick note DON'T SEND ME PACKAGES it will cost me 70 american dollars just to pick it up. haha I love you all so much. Thank you for your wonderful support and now I'm running outta time so I'm going to go lay down and catch up on some much needed rest. love you guys:) LoVe, ElDeR PrOfAiZeR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment