Friday, July 8, 2011

A Mom's Thoughts

Matthew has been gone now a little over two weeks and it is really starting to sink in. Two weeks is nothing but it has felt like an eternity. I find myself clicking to my e-mail several times on Friday waiting for a letter. We were very happy to find a hand written letter in the mail a few days ago. I never thought that chicken scratches could look so good! He is loving his time in the MTC except for sitting in class for 10 hrs a day. He is super excited to be heading for Peru next Wed. One thought that I want to include in our blog is his comments about city kids. Matthew has always been frustrated with city kids that don't have a brain in their heads when it comes to mechanics. He loves to tinker and destroy then build and always has since he was a very little boy. In his letter, he stated that he was sick of the city kids cause there was no one that had a clue how to talk "cars". He is hungry to talk cars and fixing things. I have assured him that he will have plenty of opportunity to help families get their old junkers running or to pound nails in families homes. I think he will thrive when he gets to Ecuador and sees the needs that he can help with. He loves, absolutely loves, hard work and he will have lots of opportunity to put that to work. My heart is full and very tender as I write with the pride only a mother can feel for this fine young man and his desire to serve the Lord. Mom

1 comment:

  1. I am sure he will be "fixing" all kinds of stuff down there. I think he will be in a very physical mission. It'll be OK.

    ReplyDelete