Thursday, July 21, 2011

July 20, 2011 Letter Home

Hey everyone!! Well I have successfully made it through the first week without getting food poisoning or diarrhea haha. I’m doing well I think, lol. Well let me tell you about this MTC, it is 100000% better then Provo!! I love it so much here. The food isn't always the best but it seems every day I seem to like it more haha, and the juice here is pure juices from fruit lol. No Welches here, haha. It’s got seed chunks and all that good stuff and every day its meat and rice haha, just with a different kind of sauce on it. I’m usually so hungry I don't care what it tastes like but if I load up on rice it always satisfies me:) My companion is a Latino straight from Guayaquil, ecuador. He is super awesome and mucho paciencia (very patient), he speaks slow and helps me understand what he is saying. I get so frustrated sometimes but he helps me. My Spanish has more then doubled since Provo, it is amazing what being 100% surrounded by it does for you. I really like it sometimes but when I talk to my english people it is SOOO nice because I don't struggle to get my point across- its not a giant game of charades, haha. We went to the temple today and wow what an experience in its self. They basically just let all of us lose on the streets so we catch these ghetto busses and work our way to the temple. The drivers are so crazy and we are stuffed in there like sardines haha. So soccer is huge here ya know? well us americans are totally into it now. Ha we suck sosososo bad but we make good defenders haha. We just fun at these 5 foot tall Latinos and yell and usually we can stop them before they pull a fancy move or kick the ball right between our legs haha. It’s so fun and they are constantly making fun of us but its ok we love them:) They walk around and when they can’t see us they always go ¨donde es mi gringo?´´ in English that is where is my white boy? Haha it’s funny they are all so patient with us and so nice. Momma Wetten is always on the look out for us white boys. Mamma Wetten is our MTC mom. I cut my knee on the turf field and she pulled me aside and told me all that I need to do so I don't get infection she is so loving and caring. She always is out there watching us and cheering us Americans on. I miss you all so much tell Sister Barton that my prayers are with her and Michael. I sure feel bad about that, it makes me so sad. Everyone- don’t send through dear elder to my email haha. It is a pain the regular email is so much better I think and easier to read. It was really nice to get a letter from Jen in the mail I’m the only one that has gotten one so far. Please tell grandpa that I love him so much and that I know where he is going is so much better then then this crazy world we live in. Everyone don’t be sad about him passing on. I’m going to try not to be. I know that this church is true and that this is Gods plan. I can’t wait to give people the comfort that I have when their loved ones pass on. I’m so happy where I am. I think about quitting when I get frustrated sometimes but then shortly after I feel the strength of God lifting me up and helping me. Tell Forest that I miss him a lot and to please write me- also Cody. I don’t know their email addresses. I love you all so so so much and I miss you more then anything. Pray for me to get this language thanks:) I love you:) LOVE Elder Profaizer

No comments:

Post a Comment