Sunday, July 10, 2011

Letter from Elder Profaizer

***note: this was carefully edited for easy reading. Enjoy the growing testimony of our missionary!

Hello everyone:) This is elder Profaizer reporting from the Provo MTC for the last time ever!!! whoop whoop!! I am leaving to Peru on Wednesday morning and I am SO excited this week as been so very successful. I'm still struggling with the language and stuff but that is fine I'm finally use to the food and am feeling much better. I was able to stay healthy through a lot of my district being sick thanks to a lot of vitamin C. This week we got our progressive investigator Fidel to get baptized even though they are just characters played by the teachers they are 100% in character of someone that they taught on their mission so its not easy to convert them. It was our 4th lesson and it was going pretty badly. At first I couldn't speak the language so I just listen and pick out the words I can and at the end it was quiet and I just got the Spirit with me and I bore my testimony in Spanish it was broken but the Spirit was there to convey my message and the truthfulness of it. When I got done testifying of it, mi compñaro asked if he would attend a baptism with us so he could know what it was like and he just straight up said, "well.... when is my baptism?" And I felt so accomplished cuz b4 that the lesson was going so bad. It was such an awesome experience. I've never had the Lord and Spirit with me so much. I'm so in love with this all. It's tough and the food seems to get worse every day. I'm so sick of chicken burgers. but its alright just a little bit longer and it's beans and rice ha-ha yay!!!!!!!! not..... but hey everyone that sent me packages. THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH my whole carry-on suitcase has so much candy and American jerky in it for Peru. Those packages and pics from the kids were so great thank you so so so so much it means so much to me, you all are so great. All of you have personal letters coming in the mail after I finish them after this.
So the MTC on the 4th of July....... hahaha mom no we do not get the day off are u joking? LOL.. 9 hrs of class and all that still. Saturday we did get to stay up past 1030 and go out and watch the byu stadium fireworks. Too bad I could hear the Brady Paisley concert. I miss country music so much. I really don't miss my phone although i would like to be in contact with people a little more but the phone was easy to leave for me. I just miss good old country music and working at Allreds.
Next week I'm sure I will have MUCHO MAS Information por usted on the Peru MTC. (p.s that was a little bit of Spanish haha)
Yó sa qúe y la iglasia de jesucristo de los santos de los últimos días is la veda iglasia. ( i know that the church of jesus christ of latter day saints is the true chuch) im not sure the spelling on veda but it meant true. I love you all so much you are all giving me so much strength through your prayers thank you so much. I love you:)
Love your son, brother, friend, your missionary, Love, Elder Profaizer:)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the editing. I have a hard time just reading his letters and getting past the grammar and spelling so I can actually figure out what he is saying.

    ReplyDelete