Monday, October 24, 2011

HOLY SMOKES! IT'S MONDAY AGAIN!!!!!!

October 24, 2011
Can you believe it. I’ve completed 4 months this last week, ha ha. I can’t believe it. WOW! What an awesome week!!!! We have 14 baptism dates. One for this Saturday. We had 25 people committed to go to church Sunday, got up at 5:30 and headed out to wake them all up at 7. It took 4 groups of people from the ward. We have the best ward and the Bishop is seeing us work like dogs and he is giving us every little bit of help we can get. But sadly, we only had 5 people show up….oh well, we are keeping our spirits high!:) Elder Shannon is awesome. He is teaching me sooooooooo much, wow, I can’t even say how much I’ve learned from him already. We joke and talk in English. It actually makes me feel like a person cuz I can have a smart conversation. We broke down and bought pizza today in the mall and watched the 1st quarter of the Saints vs. Colts football game that was on a direct TV kiosk. It was a good 21st birthday present for him. We just watched and both ate a large pizza by ourselves, ha ha. I’m losing weight again. I was getting chubby here for a little bit though. My cheeks were a lil fat but we’re working hard again and exercising and everything. He’s a big football guy from Ohio. He is way sweet. We tell life stories and he gives me so much good advice. This week has been amazing. Oh yeah, before I forget, I sent you guys a letter in the mail 2 weeks ago with a letter for Grandma in it:). Also, I got the SD card and a letter from Sarah and a Dear Elder in the mail. I’m getting stuff so everything is working so far :). Our zone leaders are air heads sometimes and forget to get the mail for us, but it’s ok :). I’ve been praying for patience and it’s getting tried a lot but it’s growing little by little.
I gotta tell you guys about my experience yesterday at church. I was standing there greeting people as they come in calling them by name (yeah, I’m actually starting to remember Spanish peoples names haha). The music was playing and I looked up and I looked over the congregation and the Bishop was smiling, greeting people. Everyone was happy, the babies weren’t crying. It was like I was stuck in a church movie and the spirit hit me so hard and I was so content. Not happy or nervous, just content and at peace and then I just thought to myself. “You know, this Church is true!”. I’ve been praying a lot lately for a distinctive answer, if the church is true and I’ve known it is but I wanted to be 100% sure and WOW, that was my reply. I think what a blessing. I’m receiving so many blessings. I feel like such a better person since I’ve been out here. I can’t tell you how happy and at peace I am with life right now. There are more things that I just can’t even write in a letter and tell you all the stuff, guys, but I know this church is true. I know that where I am is where I need to be. I’m so so so happy with where I am and I don’t wanna come home until June of 2013. This thing is changing my life, wow, I love you all sooooo much. Thank you so much for your support and your love and everything you guys are doing back at home. I’m sorry I can’t write to everyone anymore but keep writing me and sending letters. I really really enjoy hearing from you. I just don’t have time to reply to everyone cuz we are literally on the run ALL THE TIME! I get home at night so tired and this week, I fell asleep at my desk on a hard tile floor praying. I’m gonna come back with huge bags under my eyes, but it’s so worth it. The days are flying by!!! I love you all so much:).

Dear Sar-bear,
Hey how are you? Can you believe we’re already at Monday again!!! Wow before we know it, it will be Christmas and I’ll be 6 months in :). Ha ha. I can not wait to hear your voice Sarah. I’m so so so excited, you have no idea , ha ha. So I’ve been sending the last few letters to your house cuz I wasn’t sure before if you were getting them at your apartment. If you want, I’ll just keep sending them there till the first of December because then they will be overlapping when you go to Jerusalem. Wow, I’m so proud of you for that. I’m so excited for you :). Ha ha. Hey, so Elder Shannon showed me something in the rule book that we’re only supposed to write on p-day. I need to follow all the rules if I want success out here:(. I know the letters will be a little more short cuz I have less time to write but I think…no I know, that we will receive blessings for following the rules. This does not mean that I love you any less, if anything, it means that I love you more. I know if I follow all the rules, we will end up together if it’s meant to be. Whatever is meant to be, will happen if we do what we are supposed to. Please know I love you so much and I would move heaven and earth for you if it were possible. Please understand:). We will receive blessings, I know it. I Love you Sar-Bear:)
Love,
Elder Profaizer!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment