Monday, October 31, 2011

October 31, 2011 - Can't believe it's Monday Again

Oct. 31, 2011

Ha Ha, Well everyone, can you believe it’s Monday again. I know I sure can’t. This week has been soooo fast. Ha ha, Well, our baptism didn’t work out because her Dad wouldn’t give permission. People here are so crazy, it makes no sense to me at all. If she asked to go to a party, her Dad would probably let her, but not to follow Jesus Christ? It makes no sense to me, ha ha, oh well, guess what? We got permission last night. The baptism probably won’t happen this week, but we’ll have a few next. We have been striving to follow all the rules even better and we are receiving blessings. People seem to just be falling into our hands but the devil is workin hard on us. We teach these people with more spirit than I’ve ever felt before in my life, but then they just switch on a dime, but, it’s ok, it’s just how things are. They just aren’t ready. So my companion is still really great. We get along great. He isn’t dirty and doesn’t like messes. We didn’t even have to clean the house today other than the dishes cuz we just keep it clean. I am learning a lot about myself out here. I’ve learned I like things in order and a little mess isn’t bad but a mess that is dirty is disgusting to me.
So we have had a little fun this week. We bought a dollar air soft guns and sometimes there are birds out our back window that we shoot. (It doesn’t hurt them, they just fly away) Ha ha, sometimes you gotta do some things like that to remember you are really a person. The time is flying so fast and we are constantly switching from English to Spanish. It feels like I am not even in my own head, if that makes any sense, ha ha. We will be talking English and say Spanish words and back and forth. I love it. I love just being able to say different things and mean the same thing. If there is someone there that can hear what we say, we just speak in English, but not around investigators. That can be very offending. I’m so happy, guys, wow. I’ve never been this tired and happy before in my life. I decided to take Dad’s advice and not worry about saving money out here. I have tons of money left over all the time but it’s not cuz I’m going without, it’s just cuz I think twice before doing something, or I just buy smart, I don’t know. There is a lot of stuff that you can save money really easy on. I’m not going to be able to bring any money back from my mission, it says in the rule book, so if I have left over I’ll just give it to the President I guess. Oh well, that’s not important now, but really guys can you believe this next month I hit 5 months in the mission. I really can not believe that at all. That’s so crazy, before I know it I will be in Colton’s shoes almost done with my mission. I miss my brother a lot. But, the next year and a half will be here before we know it.
Guys, I love your letters very much. Thank you for sending them to me. I’m not able to reply to everything, but know I love them so much. Wish Grandma Hendricks Happy Birthday for me. I’m happy you got my letter.
So I’ll give you an update on my Spanish. I’m about to understand 95% of what’s going on when people are talking but I still can’t talk good but I am learning little by little. My English is real bad, ha ha, oh well, I’ll learn fast when I get home I hope. Just not the English in the shop ha ha, I can’t wait to come back and work there in a proper shop. The shops here are a joke. People just paint right on the bondo and they paint the cars in the street and dry sand them…are you kidding me? Ha ha, no wonder it’s like $500 bucks to paint a car here. They don’t even take the lights out, they just paint around it. I hate it, oh well, lol (laugh out loud).
Well, I really don’t have a lot of news to tell. We have people listening. Oh, I have to tell you about this 16 year old kid. We started teaching him and at first he wasn’t interested but we have worked and worked on him and he read and guess what?...we asked him what happened when he read and he said, “I feel gozo gozo (joy)” It’s just a word you never hear out of teenagers. He went to church yesterday and loved it. He is going next Sunday and if he does that, we’re dunkin’ him next Saturday. YAAAAAA ha ha, I’m so excited. Well, that’s all of it for this week. I love you guys a lot. Thanks for everything.
Love,
Elder Profaizer
Dear Sarah… I would put a smily face on but it doesn’t work on this computer, ha ha.
I’m sending you another letter today. I’ve sent you one every Monday but to your house. I can’t wait to get the recorder either. Wow I’m way excited. I can’t believe it’s another week, haha, that’s nuts. When are finals for you? Sarah, you can do it. You’re so smart. You’re going to be fine, just study, study, study and you will be fine. God will help you in everything. Sarah, I miss you a ton also, but we’re almost a 4th of the way done. Time is flying past. We are so blessed in our lives, Sarah, count your blessings every day. Never forget to pray and thank God for everything. He loves each and every one of us. Thank you so much for your conference notes in your last letter. Gosh, I loved loved loved them. They were just all to help me. You make me so happy, Sarah. Thank you for everything. Are you receiving my letters? I hope so.
I LOVE U SO MUCH::::: Thanks for everything.
Love your missionary,
Elder Profaizer

1 comment:

  1. Glad mom is doing this and keeping it up. Sure wish we could get some photos though.

    ReplyDelete