Wednesday, August 3, 2011

August 3, 2011 Letter and Photos


Huge bottles of pop that are 3 liters, they are massive and they have a pop down here called Inca cola- it's so good.
My good friends and that's on one of the Foosball tables in the court yard. Foosball is our thing after all meals. Haha it's great, we get some intense games going.


Hey everyone, I am on one this great humid rainy morning at the Peru MTC. All our Latino comps left yesterday cuz they are only here for 3 weeks so last night there were no Latinos, all our new ones come in today. I have to say it was really nice. I'm not really a fan of them, they always wait till exactly 10:30 to come into the room and then they were always so loud and we could never get to sleep on time. So last night I would have had my own room so I went and slept in the room with a couple of my friends so I wasn't alone cuz that's against the rules haha. But we still broke the rules and we were up talking till 1 in the morning and doing our laundry so we didn't have to do it today. Later today, because there is like 30 people here in the whole mtc because we are waiting for the rest to get here they are taking us on a tour of Peru. It will be so sweet. I'm super stoked. This last week has went fantastic really, my Spanish is improving slowly but I feel like I had a major break through this week. A Latino came in and started speaking and without even thinking I replied and after he left I was like "wow I didn't even have to translate that to English first in my head." So I am definitely making progress. We went out prostiliting- I know that's spelled wrong but I'm on the clock so I gotta rush. But we taught several lessons and this one lady was SO interested. I was so excited I just contributed as much as I could and I had to tell her "dispasio por favor" which means speak slowly please and I was able to contribute to the lesson. I loved it. Thank you for the pictures of the funeral it made me feel better. Those were really nice. I like the one with all the pallbearers. I wish iIcould have been there. Oh well, this place is better and I know God helped me through it all very good. We watched the Joseph Smith movie Sunday night and wow, I've never seen a whole room of men cry b4. I'm sad today I wasn't one of them but I've never really been much of a emotional crier type. But I sure did feel the spirit. Of course the 3 sister missionaries were bawling their eyes out but we won't go there haha, that's just normal. So the naked guy story: so 2 Saturdays ago we went out proselyting and Elder Whitney looks out the side and there is just a dude sitting on the side of the road and naked basically with his man business all hanging out haha. Nasty I know but we went to the temple after and felt the Spirit. I'm bummed we don't get to go to the temple today though oh well. at 10:00 all the North Americans are playing a massive game of soccer. Monday we played a game, the 10 people in my district played against 22 people in 2 other districts and we won, haha. We are awesome. We play what we call "man ball," cuz we don't tackle but come really close and get a little crazy. It is so much fun without Latinos cuz they are such wimps and if you even touch them they yell "falta falta" which is foul and they are just babies. It makes us Americans soooo mad cuz we get hurt too but we don't complain. Anyway, haha I better go, times almost up. I might get on later and send some pictures I'm not sure yet though haha Love you guys:) Love Elder Profaizer!!!

Second Letter for the day:
Hello, I'm on for second:) So when you told me about the article in the Ensign it reminded me to tell you about this article I read in the Liahona, in the September 2010 issue on page 18 there is an article that is titled Our Senior Missionaries. Go and read it, the Liahona is in English because I got one so find it if you can, it's really good and O think after I get back and you guys are more settled down think about a mission because as I watch my president and momma Whetten, they are just like you guys and you guys would be awesome. I am loving the mission some days but others I hate it I'm not going to lie- sometimes when O feel like I haven't learned much one day I just question what I'm doing but I know that's the devil and I'm strong. For heavens sake, I worked for Kirby Rhodes, this is cake compared to that. I totally got this mission covered. With Gods help and all you guys' prayers, I can do this and be successful. I'm learning to love the scriptures. I just read the Book of Mormon every day during personal study and I pray before so I can get something out of it for future investigators. I always am reading after that and a verse comes up and I just know it when I see it that that's the one I need for a future person. And if they don't help people, they always help me. I sent some pics, I don't know if you got them or not. If you didn't, tell me cuz the computers here are kinda weird and don't always work.

Family- I wasn't going to write you guys on Friday about Grandpa because I just wanted to go on and forget about it and just focus on the work but I had an impression to send you a letter not for me but for you guys. I hope that it helped a little. I love you all so much and I know that your prayers are helping me tremendously. I'm really sorry for my spelling, I figure if you guys know what I'm talking about that's all that matters because then I can type much faster and say more to all of you. How is the truck and the Buick? Are they still kickin? I miss driving so much, I haven't been behind the wheel of a car for over a month and I hate it, I love driving. I hope when I get home I can be financially stable enough to pick up on a sweet GTO with the LS2 so I can make up for all the car I missed in two years with a man car like a GTO . Haha, silly I know, but gosh I sure want one of those cars. That would be sweet. I'm still me and I don't think my love for them will ever die. I look around and see junk foreign pieces of poo everywhere and I just would love to see a good of Chevelle or Kirby's Challenger. Something hard-core American. Anyway enough about that stuff, I just thought that that would assure You I'm still me family:) I love you all so so so much. I can't wait till Ecuador in 3 weeks, I'm almost there:) I'm growing to love the Peru MTC more and more every day. We just find the little things that keep us going:) Thank you for that word search, its super sweet at 3 in the morning sitting on the toilet:) Haha. Well it's lunch time and after that time for the tour. Love you all bunches:) Tell the children I love them sooooooooo much and would love hugs and kisses from them all:) Talk to you later:) Love Elder Profaizer!!:)!!:)

Third letter for the day to Jen
Hey Jen:) I snuck back on tonight cuz we got the night off tonight, haha but tell dad thank you for not letting you guys take the truck. I love that thing too much. Haha. Take good care of my car haha. Peru is so crazy, I have to tell you. The people SUCK at driving and they just are so crazy haha. We went to the center of the city today and there is sooooo many people everywhere. Some of the buildings are pretty like the Presidents house (peruvian white house:) but it is just straight up ghetto. They don't have Diet Coke down here and I really don't like regular Coke so i got Pepsi and plus its was cheaper then Coke haha. I gotta go, we are doing a sick game of night soccer and I'm not suppose to be on anyway but send this one to everyone haha. I just want everyone to stay in the loop cuz i really can not include everything that is going on its sooo hard. I'm trying my best though. I love u lots!!! Love Elder Profaizer!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment