Tuesday, August 16, 2011

August 10, 2011


August 10, 2011 Photos
Temple in Lima from 500 B.C.


Coast of Peru...Gorgeous!

Coast of Peru

The bus with no first gear
A very happy missionary


The President's house


My man cave where is it dark and I can bask in my own gas:) (Matthew's own words)


Hola Familia-
Hey Everyone!!!!! First off, I about pooped when I seen my truck painted girly blue and flowers -on it please never do that. Please. I know I was criticizing your paint job too because you didn't fix the wheel well rust:) So this week has been great, it is my first week with my new companion Elder Hoyos. He is from Lima South Peru. He is getting cooler the more I get to know him. I am in a room with 5 Latinos -no Americans. I guess God wants me to learn Spanish... well I guess it's 4 Latinos now because one got sent home yesterday. It's really sad and I pray for those that go home every day. I realize the courage it takes to do that. I know it couldn't be easy. I am still praying for Elder Barton, I hope he sticks with the church. Every day I learn more and more how great it is and I love it here. Days are hard but weeks are easy. This last week has gone by very quickly, I can't believe it's P-day already. I look forward to it all week so I can write you all. Ok so remember the tour bus we were going on last P-day? Well we were on the tour and we were coming up the coast and up a big hill and we hear a BANG and I just said "well he just blew first gear" and guess what? When we got off the bus, because we were stuck on a hill, he put it in first gear and guess what.... ZERO first gear! Yeah, I called it haha, so we all had to get off and wait for another bus. While we were sitting there waiting a small car drives by and their back left wheel just broke off haha. It was so funny and they kept driving about 100 yards hahaha. It was so funny- no rim- nothing, just bragin on the hub. I got a pic of it I'll send it to you. I got lots of pics for you guys. I should be leaving this MTC, Tuesday of not next but the next week so 13 days if everything goes to plan! I AM SO STOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gosh I'm excited. So I have to tell you about my gift of tongues experience. So all the Latinos in my room are so loud and stay up so late every night so 2 nights ago I prepared a lesson and a scripture and sat them all down. I said a prayer before they all came into the room that they would understand me and when they came in I sat them down and asked one of them to say a prayer and then I began teaching. I first started with the white handbook about the rule of bed at 10:30 and then pulled out D&C 88:124. We closed in a prayer after talking about it and they thanked me and they have been in bed around 10:30 that night and last. The Spirit was with me definitely I am learning sooooo much Spanish I can teach lessons. I love it!!!! Well I'm going to say goodbye and send you guys some pics so I love you all and I'll write you all later!!:) I love you!
Love Elder Profaizer


Letter to Jen:

Hello sister:) Well I'm back on for a second because I got nothing to do and we got the whole place to ourselves haha. So the Spanish translators don't always translate correctly haha. English is so much different then Spanish the way they say things and the orders haha. I'm very glad you didn't really paint it (the truck). I knew you didn't though haha. I'm pretty bright. You forget I worked in an auto-body shop for 3 years:) The Spanish is coming slowly but much better then it was 7 weeks ago. I can't wait til Tuesday in 2 weeks then I'm outta here!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO! I never thought I would make it. I'm like 8% of the way though my mission- 2 months haha. This is crazy! Before I know it the mission will be over and I will come back all weird and outta the loop hopefully. I'm not too weird. I doubt I will be though but there is always that chance. I can't wait to see everyone. I miss you all so so so much but this is a good place and I have good friends here that makes the days go by better- not faster just better. The days here really do drag on though, it sucks sometimes. I got kinda sick the last couple of days. I don't know what I ate but I was poopin' alot haha. Oh well, I think I'm OK now:) I have managed to keep it in the toilet and not in my pants so far haha. You would think after 4 weeks here I would be use to the food. Just rice and meet everyday, it gets so so so old. Well I have to go:) love u lots:) Elder Profaizer




No comments:

Post a Comment