Monday, October 8, 2012

8 Hours from the coast and freezing in Loja




Oct. 8, 2012

Dear Family,

Well, family, I am eight hours from the coast and freezing my behind off in Loja (Loha)
now. It's the coolest place ever! After I write, me and my comp are going to climb up a mountain. Gosh, it's so pretty here. It's just how I pictured Ecuador when I opened my call. Rivers, waterfalls and forest, WOW! I'm so happy! The zone last month had zero baptisms and they send me and my new companion, Elder Nilson to go clean up and kick out all the disobedience and have baptisms. Things have already went up a ton and we are going to have five baptisms this week in the zone. In Loja, it's always hard because the Catholic church is really strong but I've baptized so many Catholics already and we'll keep doing it. This is the true church and they know it.

I'm so stoked to be here and wow, what a week. General Conference was CRAZY! IT'S THE BEST THING THE CHURCH COULD DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (18 year olds going on missions) I would have been so much better off just going right to the mission at 18. That would have been so cool. I am 100% behind girls going on missions.. It's dumb that they have to wait around husband hunting till they are 21. The sister missionaries are some of the best missionaries we have here. They are baptism machines.

Well family, I don't have much to say. I'm very happy and stoked to be out here in cold weather.....(thanks Mom for making me buy that big coat). It's saved me. Haha. Oh by the way, I have hot showers now! It feels so good!

I love you all so much,

Elder Profaizer

No comments:

Post a Comment