Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Dear Familia

August 13, 2012

 Dear Familia, Wow, what a week! The MISSION IS THE BEST! Well, the Fajardo family got married Monday and got baptized on Saturday. I am so happy for them because it really is a family that is reunited through the church. Eddy, Joel's Dad got divorced from his mother many years ago and the mom went inactive. Joel and his sister never got baptized. But now, several years later, Eddy's dream has come true. He was able to baptize his son! I also had the grand pleasure to baptize Alexandra. I'm so happy! Now we just really need to start working to get Eveline, Joel's little sister baptized. We are also teaching the Familia Ulloa. Wow, what an awesome family. We found them the week before last and Elsa (the mom) went to church, loved it, and accepted to be baptized. She also has to get married but I'm a pro at that now, haha. I've done it 3 marriages, what's another one? Her husband, Santo, is an ex-alcoholic and feels very bad for his past sins. He quit drinking when his son over-dosed. We have been teaching so much about the Plan of Salvation and they are just eating it up. The husband still doesn't feel ready to get baptized but their son wants to with his mother on the 25th. I hope their marriage comes out well. They also came to the baptism of the Fajardo family and they absolutely loved it. They all came to church yesterday. Wow, so satisfying! ESO ES LA OBRA DE MAYOR SATISFACION! I'm so stoked:) Well, you guys have had a few questions lately so I'll finally answer them for ya. I get my mail a little faster cause I am a zone leader but now it includes like a 30 minute bus ride after the zone leader meeting on Mondays so we just don't go for 3 weeks because we are so beat tired. Also, yes, I'm still getting fed well. Well...........not that well, but I'm still getting fed a ton of rice....hmmmmm, you would think after 14 months I would like it...nope! The other day, we were eating and we were given a HUGE plate of JUST rice and then a whole bowl of beans and there was a small bag on the table. I ate till I couldn't anymore cuz rice just bloats ya up, t hen when the Mammita left the room, we shoveled all the rice we could into the bag. It's just what ya gotta do sometimes, haha. About the clothes washing....well, I hand wash a lot and send the rest to the mammita because we just don't have time to take it and to get it. We just never stop running. Zone leader is a lot more than just checking houses. We have sectors in our zone that are over 2 hrs away that we have to travel to so that we can get to know the people that are getting baptized and all that..... Wow, so tired. I think I'll let my comp write now so I can catch a little shut eye in this little hot cyber cafe. Love you guys a lot:) Love, Your Son, Elder Profaizer

No comments:

Post a Comment