Monday, January 16, 2012

January 16, 2012 - Hey family:) - Wow, What a Week

January 16, 2012

Hey family:)
Well hey everyone, guess what? This Sunday I hit 7 months out here. That's so crazy. Wow, but I gotta tell you, the weeks keep getting shorter. It's so sweet. I love my ward so much. They really are all like my family and I love them all so much. They always tell me that I'm immortal because I can't die in this ward. I got my new companion and his name is Elder Orozco from Nicaragua. How cool is that! The first two days were a little slow because I was pretty sad for the change of companions because we were working so hard. It makes work easy when you are always messing around joking around but we were working hard so it made the work easy when you are doing it with a friend. But I guess that is a mission. My new companion and I are doing the same thing now. I seem to just really get along with people here. It's kind of interesting. There really isn't anyone I don't get along with. The Bishop here is always asking me for advice for the future missionaries and stuff for the ward to get them excited. I found that you just have to be about 50% crazy all the time and the ward senses that and gets excited and wants to help so it's super great here. I love it:) Well, I had my first reallllly weird food experience this week and wow, yuck.....so I ate the stomach of a cow and wow, really, I almost threw up right there. When the sister left the room, I threw the parts of the stomach out the window....I am ashamed to say it but I had to do it. She didn't know that I threw it out the window. She came in and asked me if I liked it and I told her I loved it and she was super happy. The next two days....welll ya, you guys know what happens when you eat something you are not used to hahahaha, my companion told me that it's the same for all the Americans the first time. He has 23 months and is leaving to go home in five weeks. That's so crazy. He's a little scared. But anyway....OH, I have something cool to tell you. The familia Ponce are doing great. Luis received the priesthood yesterday and Karla has a temple recommend and went to do baptisms for the dead with the Young Women. I got to see her when she got back and she was on a spiritual cloud. It was so great to see her so happy because this way she will stay active:) Oh, and her sister had a baby and guess what?.......This is so crazy but they named the baby after me!!!!! well, the middle name, but it's still super cool haha, I couldn't believe it:) They were all so excited to tell me:)
I had a cool experience in a lesson this week. We were teaching a guy about 55 years old and he reminds me a lot of Kirby at Allreds. He drinks and is just a hard guy. We taught him and he, wow, he began to tell his story why his continuing to listen to us. Well, he was at work and working and he heard a voice. He turned around and asked the guy behind him what he said and the guy didn't say anything. Things like this has happened several times to him. You know what the voice said?....It sends shivers down my back to say this, but it says, “marcielo dios esta buscando te”. “Marcielo, God, is searching for you”. When he told us that, it was so crazy, I couldn't believe it, but wow. We are just waiting for him to change his work schedule so he can go to church, but where he works, he is the only one that knows how to run his machine so it is hard for him to get off work. I hope we can progress with him and he can go to church. He has a desire to change and all so I guess we will see:)
Also, another funny story. There is a little 5 year old in the corner by his house and his Dad was looking for him. When the Dad found him, he was smoking!!!!! It was so funny to watch cuz we were on the other side of the street. It's bad but I just thought this was so crazy. This is Ecuador for ya.
Really guys, thank you so much for that Christmas Package. I loved it and all the letters in the chain. I loved reading them and I really just loved all the sweets and the soap. That was nice to because I had recently ran out of soap and we were stuck in the house. But thank you so much. I really loved it and all those scriptures. That was really great also. I loved them:)
Tell Jaiden to hold to the rod. Seriously! I was a teenager too and I was crazy and did a lot of stupid stuff and I didn't represent my Father in Heaven like I should have and I regret that so much. So, please tell him to write me and we can talk more. I miss that kid.
Oh, also, Jen, please log onto my facebook and accept any friend requests that I have. My converts want to have my facebook but I can't accept them. I accepted two when I was at their house but you need to accept them for me:) Thanks Jen:)
I love you all so much. I'm glad I got to write a bit more today. I love you all so much:)
Love Elder Profaizer
Dear Sar-Bear:)
Hey you, wow, so your first week in Jerusalem. That's so cool!!!!!!!! I'm so glad to hear your doing good there and staying busy. Study hard and do everything you can!!!!:) Also don't worry about getting me anything. I have scripture cases and stuff. I don't need anything. Just save your money:) I really have everything I need. Thanks so much though, really Sarah, you are literally the best and I miss you so much. I love you lots and think about you a lot:) I hope you get my letters soon. I love you.
Love Elder Profaizer

No comments:

Post a Comment