Monday, January 2, 2012

WOOOO Jan 2, 2012

Hello! Hey everyone, how are you? Well my week was really great!! We couldn't do anything cuz we spent the whole week getting ready for Sunday. This Sunday was the day after the biggest party of the year here, so it was kind of a bust. So I'll tell you real quick how my ano nuevo (new year) was. We were stuck in the house at 2:00 on Saturday. The night was cool as we stayed up for the celebration. Here everyone buys this paper huge life size minigotas or also called ano vejos (old years). They are made to look like people or cars or cartoons or smerfs, anything. They are huge about 8,9 or 10 feet tall. They throw them all in piles and beat them up because they represent the old year and then they burn them. It's huge and there are fireworks on all sides filling the skies. Everyone is super drunk and crazy. See the pictures. It was pretty cool!! Then after church on Sunday in the afternoon, some of our investigators came to visit us at our house. That was a nice surprise:) We are baptizing one of the girls this week and possibly her cousin also and then the girls mother next week:)
Oh, also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY THIS WEEK! JEN!!!!
I learned something cool this week. My bishop here was a body guard for President Hinckley when he came for the ground breaking of the temple here. That's so cool! I want to send some pictures this week so I will have to cut this message a little short. I love you guys so much:)
Love Elder Profaizer

No comments:

Post a Comment