Monday, September 12, 2011

September 12, 2011

Well hello everybody it's 3 weeks now and this week had been fantastic!!!!!!!!!! No baptisms yet wow see how i spelled that? Spanish is messing me up bad. Anyway, none yet but I think the streak has ended. We have some golden people this week:) I had my first "feeling" home. We were walking past a house at 8 at night after a long day of absolutely nothing and I looked up from the ground and I looked at this house and I just felt something but I didn't recognize it so I kept walking. I looked at this truck and usually I look at a car and find a flaw in the paint or something but instead the thought came back to me and I just said to myself, "well its worth a try" pretty much, so I grabbed Elder Retuerto and we went back. I yelled "haver!!!!" because that's what you do here because you can't knock on the door because it's a steal gate then 10 ft behind that's the real door and the lady came to the window and says "diga mi" that means "what do you want?" And we talked and she came out and listened to us for an hour till we had to go because of the time and the reglas ...(rules) and she was so interested she recognized the Book of Mormon and wanted to read more then every verse we would ask her to and then her Husband came home..... usually a bad sigh because husbands don't like us much. But he came out and also talked with us and was interested. Also they are married which is soooo very rare down here everyone just lives together or just the mom and a bunch of kids. But we taught them yesterday and it went so well. I was able to bear testimony of the B of M and say that when I got my answer it wasn't a huge "ITS TRUE" kinda deal. It was just a peaceful feeling of happiness and calmness. Anyway they are very interested and well see where it goes. We also have another lady who is a member but is inactive but has a 13 year old daughter and the lady wants her daughter to be baptized and the daughter wants it also:) So I'm praying that all works out also!!:) Mom it's all good, I would like letters in the mail also emails i don't care:) Letters in the mail are just really expensive and take along time. I'm only sending letters to Sarah by mail because I'm not using the email option. I know that if I follow that rule God will bless me so much and if I follow that rule I know the right thing will happen with us when the time is right because nothing bad comes from following the rules I've decided. It's a little inconvenient but oh the blessings we will all receive! Tell Briley Happy Birthday for me:) Guys I'm so happy that you are sending me pictures of your adventures. At first they kinda made me a little home sick but now they just make me happy:) I'm so happy here. I get down at times and totally zone off from the world (which is easy to do in a world of Spanish) and I think about worldly stuff like the GTO I wanna get or home or carpet or hot water. And I've come to find it only makes the time slower so when I feel like that I just gotta do something to make me happy. Like by pan for my comp or something. Pan is bread and here its like 30 cents for a really good role thing with caramel on it mmmm:) I love it:) It's a real treat when I'm hungry or down:) Oh also when you send the package don't forget the green sticker:) There was an elder who had to pay like 20 bucks to get a little package outta customs. I have also learned so much Spanish this week. The more I learn the faster I learn because the words don't just run together- well not all of them, and I'm able to pick out words and look them up in my dictionary or ask my comp. Speaking of my comp, I am so very blessed to have him. He's so into the work yet hes not a crazy guy, he's so patient with me and realizes it takes 5 times saying something for me to get it. We are forming inside jokes with time which is making us become friends more then comps now. He's really great and doesn't take advantage of me being a dumb greeny, he actually teaches me. I've learned the specialness of personal study every morning. It's one of my favorite times. I'm always learning something that I need for the day and I feel closer and closer to the Lord daily. How blessed we are to have this gospel in our lives. I want people to just have it so bad so they can be happy and it makes me really sad when they won't give it a chance. I'm sorry I didn't say much last week. I'm writing more this week to make up for it and its easier this week to write because of having more good news to talk about:) Well I'm going to attempt to bear my testimony in Spanish please note I'm not sure of all the words or how to spell them.
yo se que esta evangelio is veredero. el libro de mormón es la palabra de dios. yo se dios ayúdanos todos días de nuestros vidas. también mediante fe y orar nosotros puedo recibir pace, amor, gozo, y felicidad en nuestro corazones. yo tango un testimonio de obra misional. obra misional es la obra de dios y misionarios recibir seguidero solo durante nosotros seguemos la reglas de la misión.
I know that this Gospel is true. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know god helps us every single day of our lives. Also through faith and prayer we can receive peace, love, joy, and happiness in our hearts. I have a testimony of missionary work. Missionary work is the work of God and missionaries receive safety only when we follow the mission rules.
It's a little short and I could say more but it's hard to translate it all for me haha and it takes along time. I love you all soooooo much!!! Thank you so much for your support. I Love you too Sarah Bradshaw!!!! :) You have letters in the mail I promise I send one every monday:) Love you all!!! Love Elder Profaizer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment