Friday, September 16, 2011

A Little From His Letter

Hello everyone! I just got a letter from our Elder yesterday. There were just some things in it that I was so impressed by and I thought I would share them with you to help you all see just how much he has already grown...

"The atonement means so much to me Sarah, It is so awesome that there is at least one person and the one person that means the most in this world knows exactly how we feel. and being able to always repent for sins that we have is also so awesome. This church really is perfect Its really the true church. how blessed we are to have such great parents that we were able to be born into families like ours. also how blessed we are to live in America? where no matter what we want to do with our life we can with all the hard work anything is possible really. it just takes work. I look at the people here and honestly there is a distinct difference from the members then from the other people. The members are always so excited and happy but everyone else is just going living life with no real direction and it makes me so sad. So we go up to talk to them and they want nothing to do with us and it makes me sad because I know the happiness... Real happyness that it can bring their lives. but they are to hard hearted to listen. it really makes me sad. I just wanna shake them and yell at them some how get it in their heads. but that is impossible. and then the people that do listen to us really are only trying to be nice and thats even worse because it gets our hopes up then when they don't open their door later but you know they are there, it just makes you feel twice as bad. its true what they say. the mission is full of the highest of highs and the lowest of lows ive ever felt and ive only been here 2 weeks and ive already felt that. This mission will be full of them though. :)"

"I just want you to know I have a testimony of this church. I know that it changes lives. I know in just the last 2 months it has totally changed my life. Im such a different person then I was. I feel like such a better person I guess you could say. Sarah I know that god answers prayers with small simple tender mercys. like last night I was laying on my creeky bunk bed and It was really hot and I thought I'd test my faith and I just said a small prayer in my head please help me to fall asleep and all of a sudden a cool breeze came in and it cooled down and I was out cold. I know god helps us through little things. Some times big things but mostly little things. last night there was the nicest lady that got baptized before I got here and we visited her many times and taught her and she expressed to me how she felt like god has forgotten her. and how her faith in god was less. it made me genuinely sad. So I told her about how my first week here was so dark. and how I felt so alone Because of all these things. The language of the people. and I was able to Bear testimony about prayer and with prayer how I was able to make it through. and I assured her god hadn't forgotten her."

I am so happy for him and so proud of the progress he is making. I agree with him when he said that he is becoming a better person already (not that he wasn't already a really great person before). Hope you all enjoyed!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment