Monday, May 20, 2013

Dear Family


May 20, 2013

Dear Family,

Wow, well as fast as this week has went past, the next will come and the next and I'll be seeing you all. Thanks for everything! I love you all so much! I couldn't have asked for a better support than I've had here in Ecuador. You haven't held me back or made me trunky with too much stuff from home. I sure do appreciate you guys. I don't have much to say because, well, I'll see you all soon.

Andrea isn't getting baptized while I'm here, so that's a little disappointing, but on the first, I get to see Efrain and Jimmy get the Melchizedek Priesthood. YAAAA! Bueno! This week I have to give a talk and I was thinking about what I'll say and it just brought tears to my eyes. I know that I will cry. I cried in my last talk 4 weeks ago but this is my goodbye talk. I didn't even cry leaving you all but I know this will be much harder. I sure do love the mission, but I'm excited to see you guys again. I was reading your letters in the red folder that you wrote for me before I left. I was reading all your expectations for me and wishes for my well being and it really made me reflect a lot on my mission. All you really remember are the good special times. I look through my pictures and I get teary eyed. I've only cried three times in my mission. When Grandpa Hendricks died, when Santo Ulloa didn't get baptized and this last talk. But, this last couple weeks has been hard for me. I don't really want to leave, but I do, and I know I need to. It's my time. I'm the old guy in the mission now and I have a lot of good friends and lifetime friendships in so many countries from my companions and here in Ecuador. My greatest desire is that one day you can all know my family here. My mamitas have fed me, washed my clothes, healed me when I was sick, the families that I love so much that have gotten baptized and changed their lives. I love them all so much.

I love you all so much also. I'm excited to see you comin off that plane.......p.s. I hope someone brings peppered jerky, haha, and diet coke seems how I haven't drank that for 2 years. Sorry for the requests. I love you all.

Love,

Elder Profaizer

No comments:

Post a Comment