Monday, April 9, 2012

April 9, 2012 - WOWOWOWOWOW!

April 9, 2012
WOWOWOWOWOW!
Well, another week has just FLOWN past. I can’t believe it. The time is flying so fast, I only have 14 more months and before I know it, I will have hit the year mark. They say after the year mark the time goes even faster. I really can’t believe it….well, this week has flown past and we had another baptism. We will have more next week. The work is great here in La Chala, I love it. My comp and I get along so good. I love Elder Hoskins. We keep things pretty relaxed and talk about cars and work a lot but when it’s time to work, we get it done. I like not being with a stress freak, but really I feel we get a lot more done now, and we are in a sector where the members have references and people are actually humble here.
Well, to tell you the truth, Semana Santa (Easter) wasn’t as crazy as we thought it would be. There was a weird parade that went past my zone leaders house and they told us people were walking around with huge crosses and candles with wax burning their hands. They really like to remember the death of Christ. I don’t know why, really to think about it makes me sad but whatever, the people are a little crazy here
Well, I have a story to tell this week, a little mercy of God here in Ecuador. We were contacting for an hour and a half and we didn’t have anything so we were going to just throw in the towel after this one house. The guy there threw lots of hate at us and was telling us that Mormons shouldn’t have temples and all that because they have all this money, they should help more people and how we have 7 wives and all that crap. We got really down and decided to just go to this food stand and get something to eat then go back to the house. As we came around the corner, the thought come into my mind that this is what Satan really wants and we decided to go to just one more house. The lady there didn’t hear us at first. Elder Hoskins called her again and she came. We talked and she said she was busy watching the news. I asked her how they were and she said “bad”. I said, “Well Sister, I have good news for you”, I told her the church had been restored with prophets, apostles and Jesus Christ and she listened a bit, then we finally got into her house to teach her. The next day, she accepted a baptism date! We will see if everything goes good and we can actually baptize her.
That’s our little miracle for this week.
Well, that’s all for now. I really feel like I say the same stuff each week because time just flys so fast but I hope you guys know I love you a lot but not enough to even think about coming home J I’m super happy here. I feel myself changing more and more every day as we try to be more obedient and come closer to Christ. I can’t believe the change that has happened to my life since 10 months ago and I can’t wait to see the change in the next 14! I love you all soooooooo much.

No comments:

Post a Comment