Monday, March 12, 2012

March 12, 2012 - Dear Family,

March 12, 2012
Dear Family,
Feliz cumplianos a ml: YUCK I'M OLD
Haha, well this week just flew super
fast like normal. It was just not the greatest week though. Our
baptism totally fell through though. We were all ready until we went
to her house to go to the baptism Saturday and she came out and told
us she didn't want to because of the problems it would cause with her
family and how her husband wouldn't let her. Ahhhhh, I'm so mad
because this man is a drunk and is never in the house, but I guess
that's the mission and that's how it goes. I guess it's my own fault
for not insisting that she tell her husband earlier when she said she
didn't want to but I guess we live every day to learn more and more.
I'm learning so much about what to do or what not to do being a
senior companion. Really, everything is on my back and at times I
really don't like it. My companion is pretty cool most of the time
but he bugs me a lot. He's got four months and is kinda a know it
all. But he's got very little common sense really, but he's ok.
He's still a good guy and has good intentions.
WOW, you guys new car is sweet, haha,
very classy mom and dad:) I like the black and the rims are pretty
cool to. Thanks for the pics and ALSO JEN, THANKS FOR THE VIDEOS. I
loved seeing that big banner with HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELDER on it. That
was really cool. So, I haven't really received the package yet, but
my zone leaders say they have it in their house so I hope I get it
tomorrow or something. I can't wait to open it. Thank you for
everything guys, I sure do love you.
So I got a worry that I don't know how
to fix. My debit card expires in Dec and I won't be able to have
access to home money from here. Dad will you talk to the bank or ask
someone who knows what we should do? I don't know if you can mail a
new card to here but ask them. I've been asking around and I learned
that the mail system here is actually pretty secure unlike other
countries. I don't know how secure though.
So this last week I we started
teaching a lady that is 25 years old and she has four kids under 7
years old and the husband took off......sounds like a problem we have
dealt with before. I really felt like I kind of knew what to say and
do to help her. We started the 3rd lesson with the Word
of Wisdom and law of Chastity and she just wasn't understanding well
or really getting the concept. I noticed that she had a really
worried and stressed look on her face during the whole lesson. I
just stopped talking about the commandments and just spilled my heart
out to her. I don't remember all that I said but the words just
flowed out of my mouth and I just told her that we really loved her
and I told her that I was a messenger from God to come to change her
life. After that she started crying and that is when I started
telling her Katie's story. I told her that I understood what she was
going through because the same things happened in my family and I
told her that things will be hard for a while but that they do get
better. I told her that my sister is now strong in the church and
her whole life has turned around. She was crying the whole time. It
was so incredible and the spirit was so strong. The children were
quiet and acting good so she could just feel the truthfulness of our
message.
I guess I must have a happy face on or
just be a little crazy because the other day we were flying out of
the house to walk 20 minutes to the church for a district meeting and
my neighbor called us over. This lady is 60 or 65 years old and she
wanted to know what church we were from. She told me that I was
different from the other missionaries that lived there. Well first
off, because I've been here for 7 months and then she said the others
always look sad or upset but she said she liked how I was always
joking or was smiling. I don't really notice but I guess I do. We
tried preaching to her but she said she was catholic and had been her
whole life but she said it was good to finally talk to us. Shhh but
to tell the truth, I've watched her out of my front window for 7
months and I've always thought she was a crazy lady or something
because before she leaves her house, she always pokes her head out
and looks both ways before leaving her house. It's just kind of
funny.
Well I don't have much more to say
this week but tell Sarah I'm sorry if she doesn't get a letter for a
little bit. I went to mail her a letter but they didn't have a scale
at the place so I can't mail it until they get one. But it's ok,
don't worry, Sarah, I haven't forgotten you:)
I LOVE YOU GUYS:)
LOVE ELDER PROFAIZER

No comments:

Post a Comment