Monday, March 5, 2012

Mar 5, 2012 - Hello my family and friends

Mar 5, 2012
Hello my family and friends,
Wow what a week. I really can't
believe it's monday again. We have been running alllllll week. I'm
barely getting a letter off to Sarah this week. I'm so beat right
now, my eyes are burning:)
Ok, so first thing, DON'T WORRY ABOUT
ME!!! I'm totally fine all the time and if a letter doesn't come some
week, don't worry. If I get changed to a far away place, I probably
won't be able to write that day because, who knows, it could be so
far away. I still don't know when I'll be changed or if I ever will
get changed but I kind of hope I do. I love this ward to death and
they are all my friends but I'm tired. I need to do something new
like, I don't know, maybe learn new people, new streets, new houses
because I've knocked almost all the doors here literally. I walk the
streets and my companions say, “lets go there” and I just say no.
I've been there before 25 times each day. I'm super tired. I want
to talk to new people. Oh well, there are changes coming the 18th
so lets hope I get to go to the jungle or something.
I baptized Ramon Ponce Saturday and I
confirmed him Sunday to. Wow, what an honor to have a grown army guy
ask you to do those two ordinances. I feel so grateful. I feel like
that family was my calling here in Huancavilca and now I've baptized
all of them, I can finally leave. I love that family lots and I hope
to one day come back to visit if I ever have money to do it. But, I
don't know what the world will be like in the future. We were at the
Dr. today in the morning because my companion is sick and the news
was on. We were watching while we were waiting and it was full of
suicides and murders and just sad stuff. I really felt so hopeless
in that moment for life. What's the point of trying in life if it's
so sad, but then I realized the devil is part of the media so much
and wants us to feel hopeless. Even with us being so focused on the
Lord it brought me down. I wonder what it does to the people that
live here. It's really sad.
Ok, so Mom, I use my umbrella, haha.
The thing is, there is sun out and we are outside and then BOOM, it's
a pure downpour. Not like a downpour in Utah, it's literally buckets
of water falling from the sky. And yes, my toe is fine. It's ok, I
have Profaizer blood and a resistance to sickness. I had another
deep ingrown toenail in the other foot but I didn't go to the doctor.
I put the broom handle in my mouth and I ripped that sucker out
myself. The pain is worth saving $25 bucks. And guess what? It's
all better now, so I'm a good Dr. I guess. To tell you guys the
truth, I'm not sure when this rainy season ends here but, oh well,
sometimes the rain is better than the heat. Haha.
YOU GUYS GOT A NEW CAR???? haha,
that's so cool. SEND ME A PIC PLEASE!!!!! I haven't seen a new car
for so long, haha. I wanasee! That's so nice that it's a standard
also. That will also help on gas! Did you guys sell something or do
you still have my truck and car? The van? Wow, I was laughing when I
read that!
Well other than these things, there
isn't much news. Oh, we broke records for my sector this week with
19 lessons with a member. We have lessons and then lessons with
members and the ones with members are better for our numbers and we
broke that record which was 17 with a member :)
Well guys, pray for me and wish me
luck that we will have another baptism this week. We have a lady
that is 55 years old. She went to church twice and I think we'll
baptize her Saturday if her husband doesn't interfere with something.
I love you guys so much and miss ya lots.
Love, Elder Profaizer

No comments:

Post a Comment