Monday, February 27, 2012

Feb 27, 2012 - Dear Family,

Feb 27, 2012
Dear Family,
This week has flown past. I don't
even realize what day it is until Saturday comes and we have to get
ready for the hardest day of the week....Sunday. It's a pain to get
the the whole ward to church and convince some people to get out of
bed. Yesterday between the running from one side of the sector to
the other then back to the other side (which I might add, is 20
minutes) and then back to church. Then pouring water on some the
heads of some investigators and pleading with them explaining to them
the importance of their assistance in the church for their baptism.
We got four people there yesterday!
Ya know, I think in the church they
drug us or something to make young men want to swim in dog poop in 2
feet of water, burn like a marshmellow cuz the sun is so strong and
walk several miles a day for two years. We gotta be drugged cuz this
wouldn't sound fun to anyone else, but I'm still really happy. But,
I do say I'm pretty tired of the rain. It's always raining, oh well,
whatever. I dry my shoes good and we keep working. I got a nice
compliment from the zone leaders yesterday saying, I've been “doing
work”. 2 weeks ago we got 6 in the sacrament meeting and the 2nd
most in 3 zones next to someone who got 12 but then from there,
everyone had only 2 or 3. This week we got four there and that is a
good week. The zone leaders, Elder Vunovic and Elder Zuleta are
really cool but they are really strict and get upset at the
missionaries, which I don't agree with. For heck sakes, we are on a
mission, not running a business, but oh well. They still told me I
was working hard. Maybe they'll bump me up this next change, or bump
me out, haha, I wanna get out of my sector. I want to go to the
jungle 12 hours south of here in Zamora. That would be so sweet,
really, I don't really mind not having full baptisms all the time. I
guess it's just because my sector is really hard, but in Zamora the
baptisms are low but I still want to go because I know I can handle
it.
I loved that picture that you guys
sent. The missionary one but just FYI, I NEVER SLEEP!!! That
doesn't happen here. We do not have time to do that junk. I hope
you all know when I get home, I'm going to lay on carpet and a pillow
and sleep for 4 days to make up for all the lost sleep haha. That's
no joke, but I really can't wait to lay on carpet. That's going to
be sweet or sit on a couch. That would be cool to. We have just
plastic chairs but it's fun to be a missionary. I'm really happy to
tell you guys the truth. Don't worry about me. I'm doing great and
I'm always being fed food of all sorts like cow stomach, blech! Oh
well, it's fun:)
I love you guys a lot. Thanks for
everything.
Love, Elder Profaizer

Sar Bear
Hey how are you? It sounds like you
are super busy. That's so great. It makes me so happy. Tell me
about your friends. Do they speak English there or Arabic? Are you
just really getting good at speaking arabic? I hope you are still
getting my letters. The work is good here and things are pretty
normal. There really isn't anything new going down here but it's
still good. I love you lots and I miss you. Love Elder Profaizer

No comments:

Post a Comment