Monday, February 6, 2012

Feb 6, 2012 - Well Hello Again

Feb 6, 2012
Dear Family,
Hey guys, Wow, again another week has flown past and guess what? Elder Orozco is now gone home and I have a new companion. Elder Orozco leaves tomorrow at 2:30 but he is now with the assistants. I won't lie, I almost cried when I had to tell him good-bye. He was way sad last night but we had a ceremony and burnt allll of his clothes. I'll send pictures next week but it's so true. The mission kills clothes. They were all way old and super worn out. It was fun to burn it all. So, I am a Senior Companion now, woooo!! My new companion has four months in the mission and is from Spain. He's way cool and talks a lot, ha ha, I wonder how long I will be with this one?...I actually might be a district leader but I don't know because they didn't tell me. Because I am a Senior Companion and Elder Orozco was a district leader and he's gone.....I guess we will see:) ha ha, that would be cool though I am not sure.
DAD, FELIZ CUMPLIANOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't have much more news but guess what? My convert, Luis Ponce, was passing the sacrament. That's so cool to me, wow:) It made me so happy to see that and to just see my converts staying active. They were all at church before I was on Sunday. That really makes me happy that we don't have to wake them up now!
I learned something this week, well, I was thinking about something this week because I was thinking how I'm really close with allllll the members here and I am also close with the Young Men and the Young Women. But, it dawned on me that we need to remember to stay young as we get older. We can be young and act young but still be good members and be responsible. The Young Men are always asking to go out with us to help us. Before we used to have to beg them. All the Young Women are so loving and show so much love to the new girls that we bring to church. It's so great, really:) It makes me so happy honestly. I love this ward. Me and my companion did a Family Home Evening in the bishops house this week because we wanted to thank him for all his help and love and everything. We told him we were 100% behind him in support and everything because right now, some of the members are giving him grief. I explained to him how it was when Dad was bishop. How even in Utah there are members who aren't happy with something he was doing and the bishop was comforted to hear that. We assured him he has all our support in everything he needs and he was very grateful for that.
Guys, I gotta say, when I look back on things we do out here, it's real! and I gotta say I honestly feel so good about what I'm doing out here and the things I'm changing in the ward. This ward has changed 180 degrees from what it was before. I really feel good about what I'm doing even though this sector is difficult and I haven't had a mountain of baptisms. I know I'm working hard and trying my best. I can't change those people but I can invite them to change and that's what we do. We don't force the gospel on people, we invite them to a better life basically.
Sarah, I love you and I miss you lots. I hope that you are having a great time and find that balance from fun and study. You will do great. You always have been really good at making that balance between things in your life and I admire that so much about you. Thank you so much for everything:) I love you lots:)
I love you all so much:)
Love, Elder Profaizer

No comments:

Post a Comment