Monday, February 13, 2012

Feb 13, 2012 Dear Family - Senior Companion

Feb 13, 2012
Dear Family,
Hey you guysssssJ Well, my first week as a Senior Companion went well. We worked hard and found 9 new investigators and 6 of them went to church yesterday. It was super cool. My new companion is way cool and we get along really well. I love it here, guys. Sometimes the time goes slow but it is still going. Always, I am really tired but I guess it’s all part of the experience. Thursday it RAINED SOOOOO HARD. I’ve never seen anything like it. The streets filled up like rivers up to our knees. It’s kind of gross because there is dog poo and stuff like that but we were sure to take a gooood shower when we got to the house. It was so cool, we were literally drenched to the skin in every part. We were headed back to the house and there was a guy who didn’t have an air box on his car. The car took in water so he was stranded in the street. We pushed the car about ¼ mile out of the main road. It was quite a sight. In front of our house the water was so high. This happens rarely cause our house is so much higher. It was really something else.
So this mystery girl from facebook is my convert. She is a little crazy. I don’t know why she is adding everyone but don’t worry about her. She is a “Dolly”. Dolly’s are girls who have crushes on missionaries.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope it was a good one!!! You are all getting so old. Me to, Gosh, I’m turning 20 here in a month.
The other night the Ponce family threw a party for my birthday. Karla Ponce’s daughter, the dolly girls, birthday is the day before mine so they threw me a party. The tradition here is you have to bite the cake then they smash your face in it. It was fun and the cake tasted good in my nose. It was fun. They are really really great!
So I finally have one of those stories that all missionaries have at least one of and it happened Friday. All of our appointments failed us and we were walking without purpose. I was ready to call it a day at five in the afternoon. It was hot and I have an ingrown toenail that has been bugging me all day. My comp has never contacted like this before so he was super tired and we were without hope at all. We sat down on a bench so we could rest. I took off my shoe and my toe was bleeding good. We were about to call it a day when I felt the urge to say a prayer. I asked my comp what he thought and he agreed so we said a prayer and got up and started contacting again. First house, nothing, second house, we got yelled at by Catholics saying we were all politics. Third house, nothing and we crossed the street. I looked at a house that I had walked past a million times and it just felt right so I told my comp and we went to the door. We called out like we do here, and out came an 11 year old girl. She didn’t want to talk to us but then a 17 year old girl came out. She didn’t want to talk either. They looked at us like, Uhhhhhh, why are you here, then their Mom poked her head out of the 2nd floor window and we asked if we could share a message about Christ with her daughters. She said ya!! To our surprise the two girls came out and we taught outside the house on a little rock wall. We taught about the plan of salvation. Then out came the Mom. She was so nice and asked questions and wanted to know about the Book of Mormon. We ended up teaching the restoration also. They wanted us to come back Saturday, which we did, and taught them again and guess what? They went to church yesterday! It’s truly a miracle. Pray that we can continue teaching them and baptize them in March.
I love you guys so so so much. Thanks for everything. I hope everything is good at homeJ Remember the Lord in all your choices and ask him for guidance and direction. He will help you and guide you through every step. Have faith in the Lord that he can do everything, after all, he did make this world, he made us and he can most definitely help us in our daily decisions. I love you all so much.
Love,
Elder Profaizer

No comments:

Post a Comment