Monday, November 21, 2011

4 BAPTISMS Nov 21, 2011

Well, hello everyone, how are you? Another week has just flown past with my new companion. His name is Elder Hancock from Utah and we get along great! He has 21 months in the mission and it is so cool to see that he is still just as excited now as he was at the start. He is so smart and helps me so much in all that I do and is always giving me advice. I was pretty sad when I heard that Elder Shannon was getting changed but we figured he would only be here for a minute just to change the program around in my sector. I’m kind of bummed he didn’t get to see our baptisms….wait, that’s weird to say, haha, YEAH, THAT’S RIGHT! MY FIRST 4 BAPTISMS! This is so crazy. I’m so happy, I baptized Karla Ponce. She is 16 and my companion baptized her little brother, Luis Ponce who is 13. Our bishop baptized Zuly Ponce and Cory Castrol baptized Patricia Ponce. Wow! What a special day. I was so nervous though, I couldn’t eat after, I was still so upset. I had to put her under twice because her foot came up and the second time, I held her foot down with mine just like Dad did to me in my baptism. Haha, wow, it was crazy. They are all so happy and they are members of our church. They are so great! I’m so so so happy right now. Also kind happy it’s over. Planning a baptism is super hard, haha, I was so stressed, but we had all the support in the world from our members. All of our members are so sweet and helpful. Wow! Also, so this upcoming Sunday is Stake Conference and our mission President is coming. WOW, I’M SO STOKED! So our zone had a meeting with him Tuesday night and all our sectors put goals to bring people to the conference and everyone were putting 15, 18,20. I started adding numbers up in my head and I had this awesome idea, well it wasn’t an idea, it was a revelation. I know it and 23 just came into my head and I asked myself how is that possible because to get that many there actually, you have to invite 46 people because only half will come. But my idea was, instead of contacting people ourselves, I just decided to work with members. So we have been formally going to members houses and teaching lessons to them and then telling them our goals for 23 people. We have asked them to bring a minimum of 1 person to the meeting. Well guess what, they are LEGIT!! Some people are committing to more and they are thinking and wanting to invite whole families and if it all works out, we will have over 23 people. I know we can do it! The reason this conference is so critical is because when the President talks, he is POWERFUL! And he invites anyone who isn’t baptized to become members and they do it. That’s the coolest part!!! We can have so much success, I want success so bad now that I’ve had a little taste of it. I have so much energy. I just wanna go go go I’m so happy, haha wow.
Wow also I’m soooo happy to hear about you guys at home. It really sounds like you are receiving so many blessings and that makes me so happy also. Wow, just to hear that you guys are getting work and doing well. Your attitudes are amazing. That is so key to being happy. If you have a bad attitude, you can win the lottery and still not be happy, but if you have a good attitude, you can knock on doors, have people be mean to you and still go to sleep with a smile on your face. Just look for all those little things that make you happy. So the other day we got stiffed for lunch so we were kinda bummed but I gotta tell you, it was my favorite lunch. We went to the little Panderia by our house. Got some bread and some coke and we ate bread and coke and played cards in the house. It was really great. Believe it or not, that held us over better than anything else. God is blessing all of us so much. I’ll continue to try my best so that we can receive blessings. I love you all so much:) Thanks for everything:)
Love, Elder Profaizer:)

No comments:

Post a Comment