Monday, March 11, 2013

Listen to a Seventy

Dear Family,
Well this week has been an exciting one for us here in Ecuador. Wednesday, we got the chance to go to Machala again and listen to Christopher Waddel of the 70.  I learned so much.  Wow, the spirit was so strong.  We learned about the Abrahamic Covenant and all that stuff you never learn because they just talk about baptism, baptism, baptism and forget about the rest.  He was able to tie it all to baptism and I felt so uplifted.  I feel like I learned something new also.  It was great.  We got to spend the night in Machala....that was interesting.  The office Elders are bad slackers and didn't plan where we were going to sleep or anything so half of our zone, 14 missionaries, got stuck in a house with 7 twin size beds...oh gosh!  6 words...STINKY FEET IN FACE ALL NIGHT!  Some of us just moved to the hard tile floor.  But all in all, it was a great experience for me and the zone and we learned alot.

Well, I have some good news. I'm sure you noticed that i pulled money outta my account.  Well I found a member here in Cuenca who hand makes shoes.  He learned in Italy more than 20 years ago.  You choose from a shoe magazine what you want and he sketches them on paper then you tell him, you want this or you don't want that.  He makes the changes and measures your foot in four places so they are custom fit to your feet.  They turned out better than those snake skin prom shoes I got my Jr. year. hahahaha    He's making me a brown pair also.  Different style.

Jen told me about the car situation and it sounds like old granny is going down hill...don't put to much money into it.  Maybe I'll look for a different one when I get home.  But we won't worry about that for a while.  I could pick up a slightly wrecked car and fix it at the shop before I go down to school for way cheaper than buying a good car.  Will go take a look when I get home.

I keep forgetting to tell you guys, but YES I DID GET THE SHIRT.  Sorry, it took so long to tell you.  I love it, lol, they all have so much personality in the drawings.

Well, I'm glad to be able to have more time to write today.  I hope I'm not forgetting anything. 

I love you all so much, can't wait to see you in 13 WEEKS!
Love Elder Profaizer

No comments:

Post a Comment