Monday, June 18, 2012

Dear Family

June 18, 2012

Dear Family, Wow, what an incredible week:) Your prayers are sure making it here. I am so happy to be out here. Tuesday we went to the Moreno family’s house and told them they needed to get married and they said, OK. They said that they wanted to but they didn’t have money to do it and they wanted to get married next month. I asked them how much they had saved and the mother, during the last three weeks of not talking to them, had been scrimping and saving little by little and brought out $40!!! I was so impressed because that’s a lot of money for them. Today they are going to see if they can get married at once because they have 3 kids. When the kids were born, the Mom didn’t put the Dad’s last name on the birth certificate cause she was upset at him. Now it might cause them ALOT! Like $300 to pay to fix everything. Anyway, they are going today to see if they can get married. Please pray for them. They have worked so hard and Alfredo, the Dad, went from smoking a pack a day to 1 or 2 cigarettes a day. They are really trying so hard to change their lives. If they get married this week, they get baptized Saturday!!!!!!! Also, we are teaching another family, the familia Mieles. They are so great also. They are going to get married the 5th of July and then get baptized on the 7th. Ahh, God is blessing us so much with everything. We absolutely blew allllll of our goals for lessons, new investigators, and baptism dates right out of the water this week. Our goal was 10 lessons with a member present and we got 18, which is incredible. I’m so happy to be out here. So HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM and TAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I sure hope you guys had a good one. Dad, HAPPY FATHER’S DAY also. Yesterday, the ward bought a small cake and cut it up into small parts and gave everyone a piece. It was so good but wasn’t a chocolate cake, haha, that almost doesn’t exist here and I can’t cook one because of fact that I don’t have an oven. I barely have a stove that 2 burners work on. Lol, the mission is just a blast.haha Oh, good news, my camera started working again so I’m just gonna hold off on buying a new one until it really dies. I just can’t bring myself to spend that kind of money. The electronics here are so much more because they come from the “USA”, haha, so much do they know, we get our stuff from China, lol. Oh a little bit of exciting news. I had parasites this week. I guess I ate something and for 4 days I couldn’t eat anything without getting sick so I called the nurses of the mission and they gave me “The BOMB”. It cleaned me out good. I’m all better now and back to eating mountains of rice and beans again. I love you guys so much. Thank you for the package. I’m loving the new socks though I haven’t used them yet. I’m gonna put them in storage for when I have 18 months and all my clothes are trashed. The mission kills clothes. Oh and Gracious for the camel. I’m hitting hump day on Friday, so crazy. In your next package to me, could you send a couple of sharpie markers? Just black ones. I can’t find markers here that are actually permanent. They all say they are but they aren’t. Oh and a small buck pocket knife. I can’t find a sharp knife either. Just a little one. I love you guys. Love, Elder Profaizer

No comments:

Post a Comment