Monday, April 2, 2012

April 2, 2012 - Dear Family

April 2, 2012
Dear Family,
How are you guys? Well this week was way way crazy. We have been working like crazy and this week we will have more baptisms. Here, in La Chala, I feel like I’ve been let out of a cage literally. My new companion and I are having the time of our lives, really. We both came from hard sectors so we are just totally tearing it up here. Yesterday and Saturday, we went to General Conference and, Wow! I UNDERSTOOD EVERYTHING! The last conference I was so totally lost but this one was so great. I learned a lot.
Thank you for sending the new bank card. Ok, to answer your question about the blue barrels. They are water holding tanks. The water system here is horrible so it goes out at times. It’s like water “food storage”, but every house either has it on top of under the ground. More have it on top of their houses so they can have a little water pressure.
Not much has really happened this week, but it is interesting because me and Elder Hoskins are pretty much learning this sector together. It think we have almost got it now. Now the hard part is just learning the members houses, but little by little we will do it. This week we were without “mamitas” because we didn’t know where they lived, haha, so we ate patacones. That is made from a Verde which is a big hard green banana but it tastes nothing like a banana. You cut it up and deep fry it then smack it with a bowl and then fry it again. That is what we have lived on for the last 4 days and oatmeal. And lots of coke. But don’t worry, I’m still holding my weight down. I’ll never get chubby again, haha, that was a pretty good scare I had at the first of my mission.
Well we are in April now. Que Chevere estoy muy feliz pore soJ jaja tengo menos que 15 mesesJ el tiempo esta pasando rapido.
Well we haven’t been able to get permission to leave the sector and mail letters yet. I’m sorry guys, I really have letters written for you and four for Sarah but we can’t find anywhere to mail them. But I promise I am still writing, just not mailing them.
I love you all so much. Thank you for your letters and thank you so much for the package you sent me with the Article of Faith cards. Those are great. The pass along cards don’t work because the phone number on the back doesn’t work here. But thank you so much really and the beef jerky, I loved that a lot. Thank you so much guys. I miss you so much but not really at the same time, I’m actually totally fine with being here. I’m totally happy.
Love Elder Profaizer

No comments:

Post a Comment